CeSAM, IAMP Park, Sunderland
BIM (Building Information Modelling)
The Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Advanced Manufacturing (CESAM) is a joint project between the North East Automotive Alliance, industry figures and universities.
Located on the International Advanced Manufacturing Park in Sunderland, the facility incorporates a two-storey innovation centre with offices, classrooms, laboratories, meeting rooms, café, and event space linked to c.100,00sqft of flexible production space.
The role of CeSAM is to ensure manufacturing businesses in the North East are at the forefront of manufacturing technology and processes, providing the "catalyst for manufacturing productivity improvement across the North East", fostering world-class innovation, developments and learning.
CeSAM specifically tackles the difficulties associated with introducing digital and manufacturing innovations across multiple markets and their supply chains.
- will work with companies, their suppliers and customers to develop, scale-up, trial, test and prove technologies to industrial standard;
- plans to include a full-scale moving production line;
- will address an unmet industry need for innovation support in emerging technologies;
- will have a direct economic impact, enhancing the region’s capacity to innovate;
- will support a significant increase of UK content within the region’s advanced manufacturing sector.